Maesmawr Hall Hotel
Terms & Conditions
Bookings are accepted by the hotel on the basis that the Guest/Agent have accepted and signed the conditions of Trading listed below;
- All Bookings are provisional until the relevant confirmation paperwork has been received. Should we not receive a signed copy of these conditions we reserve the right to cancel all arrangements without further contact. If we have emailed our conditions ,these will have been deemed accepted unless you contact us and advise differently.
- The numbers confirmed at the time of booking will be allowed to fall by up to 5% without financial penalty. If the numbers fall by more than 5% then we reserve the right to charge for the shortfall, i.e. you will be charged 95% of the original confirmed numbers.
- Accommodation booked in conjunction with a conference may be cancelled up to 14 days prior to commencement of the booking. If numbers fall by more than 5% then we reserve the right to charge for the shortfall at the contracted rate. The hotel will endeavour to re-let any such shortfall and a reduction in charges equivalent to the re-letting value will be made in the event of successful re-letting.
- The client must inform the hotel of the final number of guests it wishes to be catered for at least 7 working days before the event.
- Please note that if the originally agreed numbers alter by more than 5% then the hotel reserves the right to re-allocate the event to another room or rooms which in the hotel’s reasonable opinion are more appropriate for the numbers to be catered for but without prejudice to the hotel’s right to charge for the contracted minimum guaranteed numbers.
- Payment – all accounts incurred will be payable on the day of the event unless previous credit facilities have been arranged. Payments are due for all credit accounts on presentation of invoice or within 7 days unless extended facilities have been arranged with our accounts department. Queries should be referred to the hotel within 7 days of receipt of invoice. Payment will be expected by Cash, Cheque or BACS transfer. Should you wish to settle by credit card a 2.5% charge will be added to the account.
- Credit facilities within the company may be obtained on application to the hotel. Credit facilities must be finalised at least 2 weeks prior to the event
- Cancellation – if the client wishes to cancel a booking or cancel some or all bedrooms reserved either as a block booking or in conjunction with an event, such cancellations must be advised to the hotel in the first instance verbally followed by written notice of cancellation. Cancellation shall be effective, final, and binding on the working day on which the hotel receives written notice of cancellation (the “Cancellation Date”)
Cancellation notice 48 hrs. or less full payment. 30 days or less 50% payment. 30 to 60 days or less 10%
We would recommend that you always consider insuring against cancellation. If you are forced to cancel, cancellation charges as outlined above will be charged.
Please note that the hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise your credit/debit card prior to arrival.
What is a pre-authorisation?
A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold of a specific amount of the available balance on your credit or debit card. A pre-authorisation is not a charge and no funds have been debited from your account.
How much is a pre-authorisation?
We authorise for the total balance of the accommodation reserved, for example if you are staying 3 night’s at £100 per night we would authorise your card for £300.
When does the pre-authorisation get released from the credit/debit card?
This will vary dependant on your individual credit/debit card. Upon check out the total room charge will be applied to the card you booked with (this completes the sale that was pre-authorised at the time of booking). This charge will appear on your card statement within 3 working days. Should you choose to settle your bill with a different card or a different method of payment we will cancel the pre-authorisation which will release the funds held back into your account. Depending on your bank/credit card this could take up to 10 working days to clear.